Annual Events for Brookshire Cluster
Typical Social Events:
- Book Club: Ongoing mystery theme. Please contact Doc for details.
- First Friday Gathering: First Friday of each month. Locations to be decided.
- Cluster Cleanup social
- Picnic, movie, cookout
- Halloween Party
- Holiday Party
- New Years Eve Party
- General Assembly: February
- Cluster Cleanup Spring: Saturday in April
- Cluster Cleanup Fall: Saturday in October
- Mulch: We typically order bags of mulch annually in the Spring. Each bag is 3 cubic feet of double shredded hardwood mulch. If you are interested but have not yet signed up, please contact us here. We pre-pay the vendor, and you pay the cluster directly for the service.
- Gutter Cleaning: Gutter cleaning occurs in late May and late December with Gutterman Services. The contractors will avoid the gullies, remove debris and make minor repairs where needed. If you want to sign up for gutter cleaning, please contact us here. We pre-pay the vendor, and you pay the cluster directly for the service.
- Mosquito control: Each summer, we have the Cluster sprayed with mosquito larvae control around our neighborhood to reduce the mosquito invasion we’re prone to have. We will announce the date of spraying so you can keep vulnerable folks and pets inside.
- Special Waste & Recycling:
- Special Landscaping Projects: Dates to be decided but it will be April-May most likely, and will be part of the Spring Cluster Cleanup this year.
- Seeding and Fertilization: Seedling occurs in late winter/early spring (Feb – March) over all common grounds. Aeration occurs in October. Fertilization will occur in late March, weather permitting.
- Mulching: Early March, swat teams will clear up the common area gardens and mulch gardens, trees and the play area.
- Grass Cutting: Swat teams will mow all accessible cluster property weekly over the summer 26 times altogether. They come various days during the week so the weekends are mower-free.
- Leaf Blowing: Swat teams come and remove all common area leaves in late November, late December and Jan/Feb (thrice altogether), weather permitting. If you move your own leaves to a common area before leaf-blowing day, your leaves will also be removed and made into Mulch.
- Yard Waste Pickup – Separate pickup for brush and vegetation. The trash company will come by every Wednesday morning during growing season to pick up trees/shrubs and yard vegetation (no solids or artificial content). NEW: ALL yard waste either in recyclable bags or tied with string, NO plastic bags.